The advantages of transiting through Montreal
- Due to its location, Montreal is a strategic gateway that provides access to the Americas from Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- A logistic hub for the Province of Quebec, Eastern Ontario, Maritimes and parts of New England, as well as a global logistic hub:
Road: Extensive network and multiple trucking companies providing access to the most important North American markets.
Air: YMX is a cargo gateway that offers access to a strong air export market.
Rail: A rail network that extends across Canada and the U.S. all the way to Mexico.
Ocean: The Port of Montreal is one of North America’s busiest ports connected to over 100 countries.
- A leading city for aerospace manufacturing:
- 50%* of Canada’s aerospace is centered in Montreal.
- The aerospace industry accounts for 13.6% of the Province of Quebec’s manufacturing exports.
- $2.8 billion in investments between 2016 and 2021.
- The strongest economic growth among major Canadian cities, ahead of Toronto and Vancouver.
- A dynamic industry cluster with over 200 industry leaders, including Bombardier, CAE, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Rolls-Royce, Textron, Airbus, Stelia, Bell Helicopter, and many more.
- A pharmaceutical cluster with industry leaders such as Pfizer, Merck, Roche and Sanofi. $10 billion invested in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and AI digital health.
The operational advantages
- Infrastructure and handling expertise for heavy and oversized shipments
- Ground equipment to support simultaneous cargo flights
- 24/7 Canada customs service on-site
- Dedicated cargo aprons
- Cost-friendly environment
- Runway and taxiways can handle B747-8F
- No noise restrictions, no curfew, no slot restrictions
- Efficient winter operations
- Handling facilities and freight processing warehouses
- Fast turnaround platform with intermodal capabilities
- Ground handling services
- Fuel service provider
- De-icing services
- Cargo handling services
- 24/7 Canada Customs services on-site
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency offices located adjacent to YMX
For more details, please click here or contact us directly:
Director, Air Service Development
800, place Leigh-Capreol, bur. / Suite 1000, Dorval (Québec) H4Y 0A5 CANADA
*Source : Ministry of International Relations, 2019.